SHREWSBURY, Massachusetts – State Representative Matt Beaton is pleased to host his second annual charity golf tournament. According to Beaton, “I am extremely excited to build on the success of last year’s tournament and continue to support three great charities in Shrewsbury and Westborough. Thanks to our tremendous sponsors and the dedication of our golf host and planning committees this year’s tournament is shaping up to be another great day of golf that will allow us to assist a number of people in our community.” They are:
- St. Anne’s Human Services assists the poor and needy in the local community with food and clothing,
- Shrewsbury Youth and Family Services is a private, non-profit community counseling and social services agency,
- Westborough Food Pantry serves families in need a good array of nutritious food to supplement their own resources.
The Beaton Charity Classic will be held Monday, August 19th and will once again take place at Mount Pleasant Country Club, a beautiful private, 18-hole championship golf course located in Boylston, MA.
- 9: 00 AM – Registration and Continental Breakfast,
- 10:30 AM – Bramble style start,
- 11:30 AM – BBQ luncheon served on the golf course
- 3:30 PM – 19th Hole Reception and Shrewsbury Board of Selectman Jim Kane will reprise his role as emcee.
The 19th Hole Reception will feature silent and live auctions as well as delicious food and a cash bar. Tickets are $60.00 per person and auction items include these exciting items:
- · Cruising with the Hales – Make it a double dinner date with Mike and Vanessa Hale in their classic 1963 Ford Falcon and Cruise the Town,
- · 4 premium Pavilion Club Red Sox/Yankee tickets for the Friday, September 13 game generously provided by METSO,
- · Wachusett Mountain Ski Resort Bronze Pass for the 2013-2014 Season,
- · Assorted Golf Equipment and Accoutrement,
- · Mount Pleasant Country Club, Worcester Country Club and Tatnuck Country Club Golf Opportunities.
Event Host Committee members are Brian Beaton, Jim Buonomo, Bruce Card, Scott Casavant, Gene DeFeudis, Tim Dodd, Denny Drewry, Tom Gorsuch, Lisa Greene, Michael Gregory, Michael Hale, John Heald, Robert Jacques, Jim & Hannah Kane, Elaine Leblanc, David L’Ecuyer, Mindy McKenzie-Hebert, Chris Mehne, Wendy Mickel, Moira Miller, Jason Palitsch, Nancy Quimby, Richard Ricker and June Tomaiolo.
Representative Beaton is pleased to once again welcome Presenting Sponsor, the Gene J. DeFeudis Family Foundation. Double Eagle Sponsors once again include Hair-Lines for Paul Mitchell Systems and Wheelabrator Shrewsbury and a hearty welcome goes to newcomers Dunkin Donuts and METSO. Eagle Sponsors include Beaton Kane Construction, Shrewsbury Federal Credit Union and new to this level is TD Bank. Birdie Sponsors include Fletcher Tilton PC, Webster Five Cents Savings Bank, Bowditch and Dewy LLP, Kamco Supply Corporation and Polito Development Corporation. Stepping up to be our new 19th Hole Reception sponsor is Central One Federal Credit Union. Dunkin Donuts has gone above and beyond with the additional Continental Breakfast and Registration Sponsorship. BBQ Lunch and Beverage Sponsors are the Gene J. DeFeudis Family Foundation and Peak Organic Brewer Company. The Thank-You Gift Sponsor ispersonally supported by Robert “Chief Joseph” Terkanian of Hairlines. Par Sponsors include Beals and Thomas, Roche Bros., Flynn’s Truck Plaza/Al’s Oil Service, Lamoureux Pagano & Associates Inc., Harpers Payroll Services, Britton Funeral Home, Carlstrom Pressed Metal, R.J. Shepherd Co., The Willows at Westborough, The Dewey Square Group, Southgate at Shrewsbury, and Wachusett Mountain.
Representative Beaton and the Host Committee are grateful for every sponsorship and donation that has been made to this event. For more information regarding sponsorship opportunities, or for golfer registration, please feel free to contact Matt Beaton or Tournament Director Hannah Kane at 508-925-4880.