SHREWSBURY, Massachusetts – The Shrewsbury Fire Department will be celebrating fire prevention week with their annual pen house event on Saturday October 5th, from 1-2. They invite all local families to an open house on Saturday, October 5, 2013, to learn more about fire safety. Additionally, October is National Fire Safety Month and during the open house, families will learn about fire prevention and participate in fire safety activities.
There will also be:
• A live demonstration of the Fire Dept. “Jaws of Life” automobile crash rescue tools
• “Hazard House” and “Cooking Prop” Demonstrations
• Antique Fire Apparatus and Equipment from the 1800’s on display
• Free Coloring Books, Stickers and Fire Helmets for kids
• Free Papa Gino’s Pizza
For more information contact the Shrewsbury Fire Department at (508) 841-8522.
Remember that October 6 – 12, 2013 is Fire Prevention Week. This year’s theme is “Prevent Kitchen Fires” and we will be spreading the word that more fires start in the kitchen than in any other part of the home and providing tips on how to keep cooking fires from starting in the first place.
• U. S. Fire Administration Focus On Fire Safety has good information for Fire Prevention Week.
• NFPA’s Focus on Fire Prevention Week provides excellent information for parents, children, teachers, and firefighters to teach fire safety and prevention.
• SAFE Kids USA® also offers resources on fire prevention.