Shrewsbury residents displaced by house fire

Posted by on Jul 1st, 2014 and filed under Local News. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0. Both comments and pings are currently closed.

photo 401x300 Shrewsbury residents displaced by house fire Shrewsbury MassachusettsShrewsbury, MA – Fire swept through the garage of a home this morning, at 1 Hunter Circle. The fire was initially at 1:38am and the Shrewsbury Fire Department squad, led by Captain Aaron Roy as the Officer in Charge on scene, worked to successfully extinguish the blaze. Residents were awoken by a neighbor who was awake and smelled smoke in the area. Two Firefighters sustained minor injuries (a back strain and a nail into a hand) – both were treated on scene by UMASS medical personnel but did not require transport to the hospital. The cause of the fire appears to be the outside disposal of smoking materials which ignited bags of mulch stored next to garage. The fire spread up the side of the garage and into the attic space causing significant damage.

The swift actions by the men of the Shrewsbury Fire Department, quickly tackled the blaze, and were largely responsible for preventing it from spreading from the attache garage, to the main living area of the home.

Did you like this article? Share it with your friends by clicking one of the icons below...
Keamy Eye Center. Click here for more info

Salon Sogno. Click here for more info


Here are a few great Shrewsbury Real Estate listings
Courtesy of Steve Levine, RE/MAX Professionals
Shrewsbury's Top Agent since 1992
(508) 845-HOME <4663>
steve@shrewsbury.net

Comments are closed

Photo Gallery

Shrewsbury's #1 Real Estate Professional. Click here for more info
Log in
/ Shrewsbury Lantern copyright by Steve Levine
. by . . by . Shrewsbury Home Listings by Steve Levine Worcester County Home Listings Steve Levine Shrewsbury Lantern copyright by Steve Levine