Important Information About Shrewsbury Library’s Move To Temporary Site
SHREWSBURY, Massachusetts – The current library will close on October 6th for about a three week period to allow for the packing and move to the temporary library. See below for further details about this period. Also, click the link at the bottom of the page for additional information about our move!
- Last day open at 609 Main Street – Sat, Oct 4
- Reopen at temporary location behind Glavin Center at 214 Lake Street on Sunday, Oct 26
- Library hours will be the same when we reopen at the temporary location.
Monday-Thursday- 10-9; Friday – 10-5; Saturday – 9-5; Sunday – 1-5
Returning Items and Holds
- Due dates for items checked out after Sept 15 will be Oct 27; no fines for overdue items for few weeks after Oct 27
- Please hold all returns until Monday, Oct 27, if possible. Or return items to other libraries
- All holds will be shipped to Northborough Free Library at 34 Main Street when we are closed. Alternatively, patrons can select any library of their choice for pick-up of holds.
- Northborough hours – Monday – 12-8:30; Tuesday and Wednesday – 9:30-8:30; Thursday, Friday and Saturday – 9:30-5
- Northborough Library phone: 508-393-5025
Call Center at Town Hall
- Museum passes may be picked up and returned at a specially designed Call Center at the Town Hall when the library is closed for 3 weeks. Other library items cannot be returned here. New library card applications can be submitted online and picked up at the call center.
- Patrons may call 508-842-0081 Monday through Friday, 8 AM to 4:30 PM, for assistance with placing holds, reserving museum passes or answering any questions.
Library Events and Programs
- Some library programs will be held at alternate locations when the library is closed; registrants will be informed of the locations
Click this link for more info on the move!